Written by: Dr. Claudia Selene Méndez Cepeda
Translated by: Lorena Martínez Lombard
Teaching children about dental health is a benefit that will reflect itself throughout their entire life. This can be taught from an early age, throughout fun and different methods, such as songs about brushing, flavored toothpaste, tooth brushes with their favorite animation, etc…
Teaching children the correct way to brush their teeth begins by imitating those who teach. This is where parents become the key to success.
Here are some tips for having strong and healthy teeth:
- Visit the dentist when your child grows his or her first teeth. This will allow him or her to get familiarized with the dentist.
- Get a dental revision every 6 months
- Apply fluoride every 6 months, from 3 years of age
- Brush your teeth at least 3 times a day. The recommended amount is after each meal.
- Daily use of dental floss.
- Use mouthwash after brushing your teeth.
In Pequeños Ciudadanos we want to help children have an excellent dental health, and prevent and avoid having to visit a dentist because of a dental problem, such as cavities. Remember, consistency forms habits.
Dr. Claudia Selene Méndez Cepeda has a Master’s degree in Restorative Dentistry from the UANL. She is an active member of the School of Dentists in Nuevo León (Colegio de Odontólogos). She collaborates in Clidenty Especialidades Dentales: Plaza Paseo La Rioja #320 col La Rioja Mty NL tel 12462260.